ATM hacking is from past is the first interest of every computer hacker.And in this article i will talk about ATM Hacking, things like how ATM Works , What are the vulnerabilities available to exploit and last but not least YES, how to patch them. So starting from the first how ATM works.
Warning:- Hacking ATM is highly illegal. Can Put you into cell for minimum 3 years along with fine 7 lac.This article is just for education purpose only do respect the law in your country, the author of the tutorial do not held any responsibility of the act or trails performed by you after reading the article.
How ATM Works
An ATM is simply a data terminal with two input and four output devices. Like any other data terminal, the ATM has to connect to, and communicate through, a host processor. The host processor is analogous to an nternet Service Provider (ISP) in that it is the gateway through which all the various ATM networks become available to the cardholder (the person wanting the cash).
Most host processors can support either leased-line or dial-up machines. Leased-line machines connect directly to the host processor through a four-wire, point-to-point, dedicated telephone line. Dial-up ATMs connect to the host processor through a normal phone line using a modem and a toll-free number, or through an Internet service provider using a local access number dialed by modem.
Leased-line ATMs are preferred for very high-volume locations because of their thru-put capability, and dial-up ATMs are preferred for retail merchant locations where cost is a greater factor than thru-put. The initial cost for a dial-up machine is less than half that for a leased-line machine. The monthly operating costs for dial-up are only a fraction of the costs for leased-line.
The host processor may be owned by a bank or financial institution, or it may be owned by an independent service provider. Bank-owned processors normally support only bank-owned machines, whereas the independent processors support merchant-owned machines.
Warning:- Hacking ATM is highly illegal. Can Put you into cell for minimum 3 years along with fine 7 lac.This article is just for education purpose only do respect the law in your country, the author of the tutorial do not held any responsibility of the act or trails performed by you after reading the article.Methods of Hacking ATM
1. Magnetic Reader
Most ATM hackers have a device called Magnetic Reader which they attach over the card slot on the ATM, and as any one pin the card inside automatically it reads the magnetic information. And with the advancement of time the with the help of wireless technology, the magnetic reader automatically transmitted the details to fraudsters in a nearby location.
2. Hidden Camera
Obviously this is one of the easy method to hack an ATM machine but this is something more than hack, here we are not penetrating the ATM. As we all know our ATM is protected by a PIN which acts as our password so if some one have to get money after stealing our card he/she should have the PIN code too, these days criminals have a solution for this too.
3. They enter into the ATM when guard is outside put hand on the ATM cam and silently in 5 or 6 seconds, just install a hidden camera near by the keypad of the ATM from the user enter his/her PIN CODE, and again using the latest technology (wireless) and the PIN is digitally recorded and now hacker have the choice whether he want to get the details remotly or he/she will go to ATM and get the details by himself/herself.
Protection Against ATM Hacking
1. Do Hide the keypad when you enter your PIN CODE.
2. See All around if found any camera which you think not supposed to be there do inform the ATM guard and the near by Bank.
3. DO confirm completeness of the transaction after getting the money most people get trapped into this as the said above in second method.
4. If any criminal caught to and say to extract money from ATM, to save your money just reverse your PIN Account number. Like if my PIN CODE is 1234, if some one having PIN Code like 7777 then just put a 0 (Zero) in the last digit, money will stuck half in the ATM and half outside.
Hope you like the article :)
Warning:- This article is just for education purpose only do respect the law in your country, the author of the tutorial do not held any responsibility of the act or trails performed by you after reading the article.